Membership is open to all interested persons.
The benefits of membership include the "CarniFlora" journal, access to the Society's Seed Bank and Library and participation in Society meetings and activities.
The Society hosts a number of activities including swap meets, open days, field trips, and the Annual Christmas Swap Meet and Plant Show.
We encourage you to take part in Society activities and make use of the services the Society provides. To join the Society complete our membership form and mail it to us.
Membership is at the low cost of $25AUD for all new, renewing and overseas members.
You may join the Society by using PayPal (on the Home page) OR e-mailing us OR snail-mailing your information to us, together with your cheque or money order to:
Australasian Carnivorous Plant Society
PO Box 4009
Kingsway West NSW 2208
Please make cheques/Money Orders payable to the Australasian Carnivorous Plant Society. Cheques drawn on overseas banks are not accepted.
The Society publishes two "CarniFlora" Journals per year. Most of the articles in the Journal are written by members of the Society, both within Australia and overseas. Articles range from cultivation information and propagation techniques to reports on carnivorous plants in their native habitats.
The Journal is free for members of the Society or $5.00 AU for non-members (plus postage). Back copies of our Journal "Flytrap News" are also available for sale. Contact the Secretary on 02 4684-3478 or 0411 955-434
International: +61 2 4684 3478. We encourage everyone, from the beginner to the experienced, to contribute articles. Share your experiences, successful or not, and we can all learn from them. Forward your articles to :
PO Box 4009
Kingsway West NSW 2208
or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Society has a Library consisting of the following Books :
- Rica Erickson, Plants of Prey in Australia
- Shigeo Kurata, Nepenthes of Mt Kinabalu
- Marcel Lecoufle, Carnivorous Plants
- Francis E Lloyd, Carnivorous Plants
- Allan Lowrie, Carnivorous Plants of Australia Vol 1
- Allan Lowrie, Carnivorous Plants of Australia Vol 2
- Allan Lowrie, Carnivorous Plants of Australia Vol 3
- J & P Pietropaolo, Carnivorous Plants of the World
- Donald Schnell, Carnivorous Plants of the US and Canada
- Adrian Slack, Carnivorous Plants
- Adrian Slack, Insect-eating Plants and How to Grow Them
- Paul Temple, Carnivorous Plants (Royal Hort. Society)
and Journals from the following societies:
- Australian Carnivorous Plant Society
- Carnivora (The Netherlands)
- The Carnivorous Plant Society (Britain)
- Dionee (France)
- Carnivorous Plant Society of New South Wales
- Garden Club of Australia
- Gesellschaft fur Fleischfressende Pflanzen (Germany)
- Insectivorous Plant Society (Japan)
- Japanese Carnivorous Plant Society
- New Zealand Carnivorous Plant Society
- Species Orchid and Carnivorous Plant Society of the Illawarra
These Books and Journals are available for loan to members at Meetings.
Books may be borrowed for one month only. Journals may be borrowed for up to three months. Many of these Books and Journals are out of print and are irreplacable. We trust that you will take care with material borrowed from the Library. Persons absconding with Library material will be dealt with severely.
We encourage you to make use of the Library. For more information and for borrowing by mail contact our Librarian, Kirstie Wulfe on 02 4684-3478 or 0411 955-434.